Children of this generation are being exposed to technology at a younger age and we want to make the most of their interest by expanding classroom lesson in using technology as a teaching aid. Smartboards are located in all the classrooms and act as a new media form as teachers are able to introduce new lessons in fun and exciting ways. Also, starting in our K3 program, children attend computer class twice a week. Below is just an overview of some of the skills our teachers are focusing on in laying down a strong educational foundation.
· Hand Eye Coordination: using the mouse helps refine hand & eye coordination (clicking, dragging, and dropping).
· Encourages Creativity: paint programs and games allow children to experiment with colors and different materials (paint brushes, spray paint, buckets, etc.) This also teaches children cause & effect.
· Problem Solving: Build problem solving skills, whether it be a matching game or a puzzle to solve.
· Identification & Recognition: Practice identifying numbers, shapes, colors, letters, sounds, and even animals
· Computer Knowledge: . Children need to know how to properly operate a computer, use a mouse & keyboard, and even how to turn on the sound.
Some Online Resources:
Fisher Price Online Learning Games
**Children's computer time should always be monitored, so it can be a social time with mom, dad, or siblings.