Sometimes, the key to building relationships with your children is just finding something to do together. Here are a few fun activities for those days when there doesn't seem to be anything else to do.
Grab a sheet of paper and make these fun paper helicopters with your kids. Drop them from a high place and watch them twirl and whirl in the wind!
Here's a fun shirt-themed card you can make for Dad. Fill the shirt pocket with family "coupons" for stuff he'll love.
With your kids, list words that describe your family. Talk about the things you value in life and the things that could define your family to others. Download and print the picture frame, and then design a family crest to display as a conversation piece that tells others about who you are.
These activities are from Focus on the Family Magazine.
Today we celebrated Donuts with Dad - A Father's Day school celebration to honor our school dads.
A fun and engaging end of year activity!
On June 2 we celebrated our annual Watermelon Day at LFCS. This is just what the kids need this time of year. It's a fun way to celebrate the last few weeks of school.
Our day begins making a watermelon craft in the classroom. Later the entire school comes together to hear our special “watermelon story” and skit presented by our teachers. The children enjoy their snack, of course we eat lots of watermelon that day!
After our snack we head outside for games and races. One of the favorite games is our seed spitting contest where children compete to see how far we could spit our watermelon seeds. They think it's great they are allowed to spit out seeds at school!
The BEST part of the day is to see the children excited to share the secret of the watermelon. Children learn how the colors of the watermelon can be used to share the Gospel. Children will never forget this unique lesson or the fun they have at our watermelon day! In fact, one of our students expressed "This is the best day ever!" and that makes all the effort, being out in the heat worthwhile.
10 things to do as a family in the month of December
- Go to a Christmas Parade!
- Have a craft day- Children came make easy/ simple crafts that they can give as gifts to family or friends. Let them help wrap the gift and hand them out.
- Check out Christmas events going on at local churches!
- Make and decorate cookies as a family. Give them to a neighbor or to your mailman as a thank you!
- Create your own holiday card together to send out to family and friends.
- Drive around your neighborhood to look at Christmas lights!
- Bundle up and head into DC to see the National Christmas Tree or go to the zoo to see Zoo Lights!
- Come to the school on December 16 at 8:45 am for Little Flock Christian School’s Christmas Concert at 8:45 am.
- Make a gingerbread house together.
- Have a Birthday Party for Baby Jesus! Eat cake, sing happy birthday and also take about his Birth!